Volunteers in Southaven, Mississippi help the community put on great events and festivals, not to mention help those in need.
As proud Southaven business owners, we find the volunteer spirit of Northern Mississippi always encouraging and inspiring.
Clients, neighbors, and friends often ask me if I have heard of any local volunteer opportunities.
One such opportunity that stands out is the Volunteering in Policing (VIP) program. VIP allows Southaven residents to assist the police department, working with officers to enhance a wide variety of activities and events.
Volunteers would assist with the:
- Annual Veterans Day Luncheon
- Halloween Haunted House
- Officer Appreciation Day
- Various city functions and other civic events during the year
You may also be asked to:
- Bake monthly birthday cakes for Southaven police officers and personnel
- Do fingerprinting at schools and other requested areas
- Help answer the phone and greet visitors to the Southaven Police Department
- Organize cook-outs and tours to various places around the city
- Visit nursing homes
- Work at Southaven’s Southern Lights at Central Park
- Work the Fox News Most Wanted
- Work various events at Snowden Grove Park
If you are interested in volunteering, applications are available in the front office of the Southaven Police Department. Officers will teach all classes needed for any type of volunteering.
From all of us at The Stroud Law Firm, we encourage you to help local law enforcement and the entire Southaven community by donating some of your time and efforts to the VIP program.